The Great PreYard Sale Clearance
Saturday, 8/8 9 - 4
Sunday, 8/9, 9 - 4
At which you can sign up for a 15 minute time in which to go into the Meeting House and take whatever you fancy (Furniture Excepted)
(Bring your own bags and boxes, please)
When you leave, please put a donation (large or small) in the BHS Donation Jar
- Masks are required
- 6 foot distancing is to be maintained
- No more than 2 ‘family/bubble’ groups in the Meeting House at any time. (4 people total)
- Sign up for a 15 minute time slot by emailing Betsy Steen email@example.com
- (Furniture may be for sale at 1/2 price)
"Bread and Hyacinths” the 10th Annual BHS Yard Sale
“If I had but two loaves of bread, I would sell one and buy hyacinths, for they would feed my soul.” ― Mohammad
“If thou of fortune be bereft,
and in thy store there be but left
two loaves, sell one, and with the dole,
buy hyacinths to feed thy soul.”
― John Greenleaf Whittier
In this year of Covid, we all need ‘bread'…. But we all also need some ‘hyacinths', as well…
Something lovely to enjoy to ‘feed our souls'
“Bread & Hyacinths” will happen (as long as all continues to go well) on Sunday afternoons 1-5 in late August, September, and possibly October.
- Masks required, Social Distancing maintained,
- Limited numbers in the Meeting House and the Carriage Shed at one time, Windows and doors open
This way we should be able to avoid crowded situations
Items in the hall will be priced as in a normal sale. We also welcome townsfolk to bring their own table to set up and sell their own treasures. ($10 to BHS) on one or more Sundays.
We will be accepting donation for this sale by appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please help us by being sure that what you donate is clean and in good repair or easily repairable
- No clothing (unless pre 1970 vintage). Other clothes can go to the Nazarene Church. Or Good Will
- No books (these can go to the library, eventually) unless they are antiques
- No outdated electronics (unless you have a really early Apple, like a ‘Lisa’)
Come and enjoy the adventure!! And maybe see some neighbors —at a distance!
Theme for 2020: Bowdoinham in 1820
BHS News and Announcements:
- Tenth Annual Yard-Tag-Treasure Sale is coming soon!
- We are looking for Bowdoinham photos from the past to scan and return to you for our collection.
Join the Historical Society - OR - Renew your Membership
See the Membership page for details on how to join BHS, or renew your membership online.
Ask Questions / Contact Us
Use the contact form to get in touch with us.